- About us
- Offshore Training
- Safety Training
- Contact Us
Hit Enter to Search
It has become evident that Helideck Inspection Awareness Course is not only critical to the Helideck inspection approval process but also to each crew member operating offshore, as in the final analysis, the crew members, or specifically the pilot-in-command, has final responsibility in ensuring that the Helicopter Landing Site or Helideck is fit for purpose – this is not viable without formal awareness training.
In addition all HLO’s involved in issuing the final clearance to land on the Helideck, should have also undergone this training.
Other persons or agencies with an interest in Helideck standards (e.g. national civil aviation authorities, governmental health and safety executives, offshore oil and gas representative organisations) should also consider the formal training process.
The Helideck Inspection Awareness Course is based on the following standard industry norm:
• UKCAA (CAP 437) Offshore Helicopter Landing Areas –Guidance on Standards
• Local Civil Aviation Requirement
• International Association of Oil & Gas Producers (OGP) Standard
• Best Global Industry Practice
– Legal implication og Helideck Inspection, Helideck services and Equipments as required by CAP 437.
– Basic auditing and inspection technique
– Inspector equipment requirements
– Offshore installation protocols and procedures
– National regulatory requirements
– Landing area dimensions, surface, lighting and markings
– Helideck equipment, including-
• Rescue and fire-fighting arrangements
• Radio equipment
• Meteorological Equipment
• Standard Helideck Monitoring Systems
• Approach Aids
– Safety Nets/Helideck and Perimeter
– Turbulence created by superstructure and/or exhausts
– Access stairways
– Obstruction Environment
– Protective Clothing
– Refuelling Facility
– Helideck Crew
– Documentation requirements
– Dangerous Goods
– Weather Observer
– VHF Radio Licensing
The Helideck Inspection Awareness Course will be conducted in English, this will involve active interaction between both participants and facilitator. For this reason, it is essential for all participants for Helideck Inspection Awareness Course to be able read, speak and understand English fluently.
No additional prerequisites are required.
Personnels from Airport and Airfield Standard who are responsible in issuance of Helideck Certificates, Authorised Helideck Inspectors, Helideck owners, Asset Managers, Personnel responsible for helideck maintenance, Offshore Helicopter Pilots and Crew members. HLOs who are involved in issuing the final clearance to land on Helideck should have undergone this Helideck Inspection Awareness Course. Any other persons or agencies that are involve with Helideck standards should also consider attending Helideck Inspection Awareness Course.
The Helideck Inspection Awareness Course is valid for two years after which the participant shall attend a refresher training.
Certificate of Helideck Inspection Awareness Course will be issued to all participants completed the full two days training.
Our trainers are experienced offshore helicopter pilots and offshore aircraft maintenance engineers (LAE) with excellent knowledge on helideck standards being operated worldwide and has undergone world class training on Helideck Inspection techniques.
To be able to get the latest in helideck standards and best practices, our trainers are also having very close relation with Helideck Standards of United Kingdom (CAA of UK).